11 Feb Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and boy, do we have a sweet treat for you!
Whether you think it’s a day about love or chocolates, it can be an expensive holiday. Treating yourself, your boo or your friends can rack up a hefty bill. Dinner, wine, flowers, and chocolate covered strawberries don’t come cheap – or do they?
Spoiler alert – they do!
Here’s a fast and easy recipe for you to make vegan chocolate covered strawberries at home.
They’re a delicious gift to make for or with your special someone!
- 1 container strawberries
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - Bulk Barn has a great non-dairy selection of chocolate
- 3 tbsp nut milk
- 1/4 cup your favorite toppings such as chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, drizzled peanut butter, coconut flakes, graham crackers, sliced almonds, anything!
- Wash and dry strawberries thoroughly.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Microwave for one minute intervals until melted, up to three minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp of nut milk at a time into the chocolate.
- Dip strawberries into the chocolate and swirl them to ensure they’re completely coated. Immediately dip into your topping of choice. An easy way to do this is placing toppings into a shot glass to minimize mess!
- Place dipped strawberries onto a parchment sheet or silpat and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- Live a blissful life
Have a warm holiday! 🙂
Hi! I’m Eva one of the bloggers here at Plant Based Toronto. Thanks for following our adventures. Follow me on Instagram!