09 Sep Tortizza Vegan Pizza
In our minds, there’s almost no such thing as a bad pizza. It’s delicious! But we thought, how do we take something awesome and make it more awesome? Mix it with another awesome food!
It didn’t take long for this hybrid brainchild to show up in our kitchens.
Tortilla bowl salad meets pizza, and voila! The Tortizza is born.
The best part about this pizza (other than the name, and flavors) is how easy it comes together. It’s like prepping for a taco night, but you throw it on a pizza instead!
To cut down on time, you can make the pizza dough and TVP ahead of time (that’s what Sundays are for!).
To finish off the pizza you can buy vegan sour cream, but it’s also super easy to make ours! No cashews or soaking required.
- 1 Batch Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/2 Cup Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Pack Pepperjack Shredded Daiya Cheeze
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped into small pieces
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans Rinsed & Drained
- 1 Batch Cheeze Sauce Get the recipe from our Mac n Cheeze recipe
- 1 Jalapeno Chopped
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 1 Cup Lettuce Chopped
- 2 Cups Tortilla chips Crushed
- Sour Cream For topping
- Salsa For topping
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Blend jalapeno into cheeze sauce and set aside.
- In a pot, add TVP, vegetable broth, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until mixture resembles ground meat. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough to fit your pan - ideally 14 inches.
- Cover the dough with the cheese and jalapeno mixture, leaving some aside to drizzle.
- Next, add the TVP mixture, black beans, red pepper, and shredded cheeze.
- Put in the over for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add corn, lettuce, tomatoes, and tortillas.
- Bake for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining cheeze sauce.
- Top with salsa and sour cream, and enjoy!