03 Sep 5 Easy Vegan Recipes for Busy Bees
As rewarding as eating plant-based is, after long days of hustle and bustle, we sometimes don’t have the time or energy to get creative in the kitchen.
Here are a few of our favourite vegan recipes that make cooking a little easier for busy bees, like you and me!
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup cashew almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut them into large cubes and steam for 8-12 minutes, or until soft.
- In a food processor, blend the steamed sweet potatoes, cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder.
- Pour into a lined baking tray.
- Bake brownies for 40 minutes and voila! Let your brownies cool and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- You can leave your brownies as they are or make a cocoa walnut topping. For this you'll need to melt 4 squares of vegan dark chocolate, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp of maple syrup. When melted, pour over the brownie base and top with walnuts. Let cool and refrigerate.
View this post on Instagram
Protein cookies 💪🏽 these cookies are to die for, and they are so easy to make ✨ Recipe from @deljardinvegan Ingredients: 1+½ cup of cooked black beans 2 tbs of olive oil 2 tbs of quinoa flour ½ tsp of baking powder ⅓ tsp of salt 4 tbs of @drinkorgain chocolate protein powder 2 tbs of cacao powder 3 tbs of coconut sugar 2 tbs of agave nectar 2 tbs of coconut milk Instructions 1. Pre-heat the oven at 175C 2. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor (needs to be fully mixed) 3. Roll the mixture into balls and place them on a greased baking sheet. 4. Bake for 20 min. 5. Let them cool completely. 6. Enjoy!
Make sure you have your favorite vegan hamburger buns in the house!
Cut 2 Tofu rectangles about 1 cm thick and pat dry.
Season tofu with salt and pepper.
Fry tofu on medium heat in light oil for 2 minutes on each side.
Toast a bun and top with your favourite toppings, such as ketchup, vegan mayo, kale, tomato, red onion and a pickle!
Want some fries to go with it?
Do this before you prepare your burger.
Take a potato and cut it into 1cm wide fries and pat dry.
Season with salt, pepper (or your favorite dry rub!), toss in oil and spread on a baking sheet.
Oven roast for 25 minutes on 425, flipping halfway.
What are your personal go-to vegan faves? Share with us below!
Positive energies always.