21 Jun Raw Vegan Key Lime Pie
Confession: This isn’t an original recipe BUT I did put my own spin on it, so that counts, right?
I learned this recipe at my Raw Vegan course at George Brown Culinary Arts College taught by Rawcology and it’s been a favorite everywhere I go. I’ve had SO many people ask me for the recipe, I thought hey, might as well share it!
It’s super simple, all you need are the ingredients below and a food processor.
This recipe is versatile because you can substitute the crust for whatever nuts you have on hand. You can make mini pies or a big pie, whatever you prefer.
It also tastes good with a spoon full of coconut whipped cream on top!
But then again, what doesn’t?
- 1 cup - Raw assorted nuts *don’t soak* (almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts and Brazil nuts are all good options)
- 1 cup - Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp - Virgin coconut oil
- 12 - Medjool dates , pitted (dried apple rings are a good substitute)
- 2 - Avocados , peeled and pitted
- 6 - Limes , juiced
- ½ cup - Coconut nectar
- ½ cup - Virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp - Pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp - Pink Himalayan salt
Place the nuts in a food processor and process until ground.
Add addition crust ingredients and combine.
Pat into pie pan and all crust ingredients are spread evenly throughout.
Blend all filling ingredients until smooth.
Pour filling over crust.
Put in fridge for an hour to let settle.
It also tastes good when put in the freezer and served frozen!