21 Jun Raw Vegan Key Lime Pie
Confession: This isn’t an original recipe BUT I did put my own spin on it, so that counts, right?
I learned this recipe at my Raw Vegan course at George Brown Culinary Arts College taught by Rawcology and it’s been a favorite everywhere I go. I’ve had SO many people ask me for the recipe, I thought hey, might as well share it!
It’s super simple, all you need are the ingredients below and a food processor.
This recipe is versatile because you can substitute the crust for whatever nuts you have on hand. You can make mini pies or a big pie, whatever you prefer.
It also tastes good with a spoon full of coconut whipped cream on top!
But then again, what doesn’t?
- 1 cup - Raw assorted nuts *don’t soak* (almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts and Brazil nuts are all good options)
- 1 cup - Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp - Virgin coconut oil
- 12 - Medjool dates , pitted (dried apple rings are a good substitute)
- 2 - Avocados , peeled and pitted
- 6 - Limes , juiced
- ½ cup - Coconut nectar
- ½ cup - Virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp - Pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp - Pink Himalayan salt
- Place the nuts in a food processor and process until ground.
- Add addition crust ingredients and combine.
- Pat into pie pan and all crust ingredients are spread evenly throughout.
- Blend all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Put in fridge for an hour to let settle.
- It also tastes good when put in the freezer and served frozen!